Krushak Ashram

Welcome to Krushak Ashram they told me, here no one is big or small, important or unimportant, rich or  poor.


The only hierarchy is that, the cow is divine and she must be respected. She is the mother.

 Luckily when I visited this farm, it happened to be a very holi day for the residents of Satara, I am not familiar with the exact meaning of this long stick...but everyone and everything is at a stand still for a week in this area, because the pilgrams take this large holi stick/pole from village to village....


 And finally end up at a their destination...



I was lucky to be privi to this nondescript little tradition that I was unaware of and coincidentally was wearing the appropriate color. 





Shrirang and Pranay working on the script of the film that I will be making about this farm 'Krushak Ashram'





Grizzly....


and this pup....

What a lovely day that was...

Comments

wynnchan said…
This is so beautiful!! Of course you are having magical encounters and wearing the right colors.

Missing you!!

And I am happy you are updating your blog again!

x
pup is incredible!!!!!!! soo soo cute!!! and atleast ask what the stick means. no?

Popular Posts